I subscribe to a lot of blogs, but rarely have time to read most of the posts that come across my reader. Walter Russell Mead’s stuff, however, usually make the cut if I have any time at all to spare. A couple days ago, he posted this piece about the current war between Israel and Hamas and the stark differences between America’s reaction and, well, the rest of the world’s reaction. He nails it. Anyone that looks at America’s response and is just flabbergasted that we’re not up in arms about the invasion needs to read this. You may disagree with the result of these attitudes, but this describes a large swath of Americans attitude on the subject. (Full disclosure: I’m one of the people whose reaction is “What took Israel so long?)
- Geek dinner
- Interesting things found wandering Powell’s.
- Festival of Lights at the Grotto!
- Merry Christmas!
- No public posts available.
- Discovered on mid-morning walk. Dark drinking chocolate! Anti-oxidant goodness in shot form.
- Reshared post from Trackers Earth Portland:
- Live this place — wonderful meats and fats!
- Whereas I completely missed the 31 Heroes CrossFit WOD yesterday, I did a first: ran my first 5K on …
- Going away party for one of the two founders of Jive Software, Bill Lynch. Thanks, Bill!