The End of the Upper Middle Class? is a fantastic article on the Fiscal Times that I stumbled across. The funny thing is that I just happened to stumble across the original article about “making it” on $250K a year over a year ago, and that struck me too. Danica points out to me that some of the budget isn’t fair, with a lot of — strictly speaking — unnecessary line items, but I think the reality of the message holds: if taxes go up much more upon this sector of the country, you’ll just have one of the breadwinners “go John Galt” and opt out of the work force. That will result in LESS tax revenue, not more.
- Geek dinner
- Interesting things found wandering Powell’s.
- Festival of Lights at the Grotto!
- Merry Christmas!
- No public posts available.
- Discovered on mid-morning walk. Dark drinking chocolate! Anti-oxidant goodness in shot form.
- Reshared post from Trackers Earth Portland:
- Live this place — wonderful meats and fats!
- Whereas I completely missed the 31 Heroes CrossFit WOD yesterday, I did a first: ran my first 5K on …
- Going away party for one of the two founders of Jive Software, Bill Lynch. Thanks, Bill!